Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kale

Kale.


Kale, it's a leafy green if you didn't know.  It's very nutritious.  I actually like it, it's got a spinach like texture, does well in the juicer, and when it's cooked, it works like cabbage but not quite so strong in flavor.  But it does not photograph well.  Ever.  Here, let me show you.



Have you ever forgotten about a head of lettuce in the fridge? And when you found it, weeks later, it had turned into a watery, slimy mess?  You can achieve the same look by simply baking kale leaves!
You can make it too!



I am pretty sure I found a small pile of this in my chicken run this morning.  I started giving the chickens a new feed and this was the result.
You can make it too!



Now, at least this blogger tried to hide the slimy mess under some gorgeous tomatoes.  Sadly, it was not enough to hide the fact they skinned a certain Muppet to make their sandwich. 
You can make it too!


Poor Oscar, sacrificed for the love of Kale.
Kale the Grouch photo found here

No comments:

Post a Comment