Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shrimp

Shrimp

Do you know that shrimp eat garbage?  No really, they are like the cockroaches of the sea, or something. They are not kosher.  (I cannot back that up.)  Not that I follow kosher dietary law, because I love me a cheeseburger.  Wait, stop, I must go to Wikipedia...

I admit, I am not unbiased when it comes to seafood.  I am not a big fan of seafood.  Unless you wrap it in rice, cover it with pickled ginger and dunk it wasabi and soy sauce.  Even then, I have my limits.

That said, I am unbiased in noting that pretty much every recipe I have seen on Pinterest using shrimp just looks like some scaly pink slug attacked a perfectly yummy plate. 

This had all the makings of a delightful plate. Asparagus: check. Gnocchi: check.  Pesto: check. Shrimp: no, no, please no! Take it away before the pink cockroaches get your gnocchi!!


 
You can make it too!





Now these folks had the courtesy to remove the little cockroach shrimp's tails.  So nice. But placing them atop of innocent bed of slimy avocado?  Cruel.


You can make it too!


Oh, I am just getting warmed up.  I have so much more shrimp.  Until then, enjoy this:




Finding Nemo: fish, they way they ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment