Monday, March 26, 2012

Mushrooms

Mushrooms.  Not just a fun-guy! 

 Mushrooms are "not my favorite".  My mother taught me this very useful phrase, "not my favorite". It means something like, "this food makes me want to barf, but I'm going say so politely."  I have taught my four children children to say this.  #3 still just says, "I hate this food."  She'll catch on.

Back to mushrooms.  They are NOT MY FAVORITE.  To me, they are like dirt-flavored Jell-o.  Which is kind of appropriate really.

Which brings me to one of my favorite collections of Pintresting Food Fails: mushrooms.


It's one thing that mushroom taste like dirt-flavored Jell-o, but it's another thing to actually encapsulate mushroom in dirt-colored Jell-o.

You can make it too!




I feel bad for home-chef-food-bloggers.  Not only do most have no photography skills, but they have no food styling skills. So when they make a saucy dish, it looks like baby poop to me.  (I also do not possess said skills, but I am perfectly capable of making fun of said bloggers, so there.)
You can make it too!





Have you ever found an enclave of snails under your landscaping? No? This is what is looks like.
You can make it too!





Sorry to offend the more sensitive of sentiments, but these are just phallic.  And gross.
You can make it too!




And then I saw this, sweet respite.  Good for something mushrooms!
You can make it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment